- Born and raised Anglophone in Montreal.
- First work: waitress, bartender, assistant manager, manager of Steak n Burger Tavern in Toronto.
- Adventurer: followed the hippie trail up to northern tip of Vancouver Island, BC. Drove 170 ton truck in a copper mine for a year.
- Traveled the gringo trail for over a year through Mexico and Belize.
- Transit driver, taxi driver, Sarnia, Ontario 1979-1980.
- First female provincial bus driver in Ontario (Gray Coach Lines) 1980-1987.
- Adopted 5 year old daughter from Toronto Children’s Aid Society in 1997.
- Active member of the Neighbourhood Universalist Unitarian Congregation from 2004 to 2018.
- Enjoy walking, cycling, reading, gardening, travelling.
Experience / Training
- Opened psychotherapy / counseling private practice (1985 – present).
- Toronto Institute for Human Relations: group specialist / therapist trainer – inter-subjective approach. Therapist use of ‘self in relation’ as model for growth / change.
- CAMH (Canadian Association for Mental Health). Internship in addictions training with focus on families of substance abusers.
- Women’s College Hospital Brief Psychotherapy Clinic. Externship in Brief, Solution Focused Therapy. Emphasis on goal setting and short term counseling.
- Centennial College. Professor of Psychology and Stress Management (1999 – 2009).
- Shepell: Employment Assistance Provider. Brief, solution focused telephonic counseling to workers across Canada (2005 – present).
- OAMFT (Ontario Association of Marital and Family Therapy). Training, studies, supervision in couple / family therapy using family systems approach (2005 – 2011).
- Completed Externship and Core Skills training in Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples (EFT).
Ran psychotherapy/counseling private practice in Toronto from 1985 to 2018.
- High honours from Seneca College’s Social Service Worker program (1980). Nominated valedictorian.
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology from York University, Toronto (1983)
- Bachelor of Social Work from York University, Toronto (1987)
- Masters in Social Work from Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, Ontario (1992)
If you have any questions on what to expect when working with a psychotherapist like me, please see the FAQs.